Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Mike Stories, Pt. 53

After almost 6 years of marriage, I have discovered that it isn't me who needs a little extra time to get ready when we go out - it's Mike. We've been running 5k and 10k runs, and I've been insisting that Mike wake up 15 minutes earlier than me, so we can get out of the house on time. (He likes to make sure his running outfit is perfect, and likes to roam around the house spending 10 minutes "looking" for his shoes and wallet).

Yesterday we got out of the house right on time for our first trail run - The Mud & Chocolate Trail Run! Mike got up 15 minutes early. As far as I could tell all he did was wander around in his PJ pants for 15 minutes, but somehow it helped.... 

then later in the evening when we were headed out for dinner with Alyssa, Mike spent some time picking out the right outfit:

Mike: Do you think I should put on a different shirt for dinner? (his shirt was just fine)
Me: I don't think it matters. Wear what you want!
Mike: (after changing shirt) maybe I should change my pants too. I think they're dirty. (then sniffs his shoes)

Me: What are you doing?
Mike: It's called Decorum!
Me: You're decorum!
Mike: Maybe you're decorum!
Me: Nope. you WISH I was decorum! You're mad that I'm not decorum!
Mike: Yeah. You should have decorum!

Mike is totally appalled that I'm willing to go to the grocery store on my way home from a run. He has to come home and take a shower and pick out a "grocery shopping outfit" before he's willing to pickup milk & eggs. (Sometimes I wear PJ pants to the store just to bug him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment