Friday, June 25, 2010

The Mike Stories, Pt. 3

I went to pick up my best friend and her daughter at the airport last night. We were going from there to a restaurant to get a really late dinner, and I asked Mike to use the navigation thing in his phone to find directions to get there. So I'm talking to Jennifer and trying to follow Mike's directions at the same time....

I was doing pretty good, and was headed toward International Blvd when Mike starts waving his hands all over the place and FINALLY at the last minute tells me i'm going the wrong way on a Y intersection, so I get over... and guess what? the lane he told me to get in took me right back into the airport (where traffic sucked).

turns out i was headed in the right direction on that Y after all. (personally, I think he wanted to take a tour of the construction that's been happening at the airport. either that, or he wanted to show Jennifer just how bad his direction-giving skills can be. it's a toss up).

[originally published 7/25/2008]

No comments:

Post a Comment