Friday, June 25, 2010

The Mike Stories BONUS

Bonus Mike Story!
Mike: I don't see why we keep spending so much. I don't think we're very good at managing a budget.
Chrissy: It's because you don't share information about what bills you need to pay every month.
Mike: That shouldn't matter, I'm talking about how much we're spending.
Chrissy: If we both knew what was in your head about the bills you pay each month, we would be able to create a more realistic budget. Plus when I ask you if you still have bills to pay later in the month, you've been lying about it, so we both end up thinking we have more spending money than we really do.
Mike: (confused look)
Chrissy: Will you just tell me which bills you pay each month?
Mike: I don't pay any bills. You pay them.
Chrissy: What about your phone bill?
Mike: Oh yeah, I pay that.
Chrissy: And your student loan?
Mike: Oh yeah, that too.
Chrissy: And car insurance?
Mike: Yeah, and that.
Chrissy: And you have a credit card?
Mike: Yeah....
Chrissy: I thought you didn't pay any bills.
Mike: Well I guess I pay a few...
Chrissy: If I don't know about them, I can't plan ahead for them very well... do you see why we have a budgeting problem?...
Mike: Well I just told you about them.
Chrissy: I give up.

[originally published 10/14/2008]

No comments:

Post a Comment