Friday, June 25, 2010

The Mike Stories, Pt. 1

The Mike stories are inspired by my good friend, Hillary. Hillary loves the Mike stories that I tell. Usually I tell them because I'm venting about something Mike recently messed up. Sometimes I tell them because they're funny and we can share a good laugh. Either way, the point is... Mike's a boy. Mike does the things that boys do, and sometimes that means losing things or otherwise messing things up a bit.

My good friend Hillary is also a wonderful storyteller. My favorite stories are about her brother (who is horrified that she tells them in the first place).

So in the spirit of storytelling, Hillary style... I bring you the Mike stories. Here's part 1:

. . .

ok, so i had some postage stamps around here somewhere, and i lost them in the wedding mess that has taken over my apartment.. and Mike asked me for one. i told him they were lost... instead of looking for them he told me he would go and buy more.

so i told him "good, get the wedding heart ones so we can use them for the thank-you cards!"

he said "ok"

...and then he comes home and tells me he got stamps.

i ask "are they wedding hearts?"

he says "no"

i say "oooooohhhh.... [confused pause] what are they then?"

instead of answering, he tells me "you can't get wedding heart stamps at Safeway. where are you supposed to get wedding hearts?"

i told him "the post office, goofball... what did you get? stupid flag stamps?"

he finally tells me he got some with bells on them. ugly bells, too. i told him to keep them to himself.


it's a good thing i found the ones i had lost earlier.

[originally published 7/16/2008]

No comments:

Post a Comment