Friday, August 31, 2012

The Mike Stories, Pt. 39

Yesterday I set my alarm for 7:30am. I had an appointment in Tacoma at 9am, and I wanted to leave home around 8am because I didn't know what traffic would be like, and I didn't want to be late. Mike set his alarm for 6:30am for work. That would have been just fine, except he didn't get up at 6:30. He kept hitting snooze, and his alarm kept going off every 10 to 15 minutes for the next hour. I lost an entire hour of sleep because of it (and for a non-morning person, that's the most precious hour of sleep).

I got up right at 7:30 and washed my face, brushed my teeth - and Mike was still in bed, cultivating some kind of dysfunctional relationship with his annoying alarm clock. I finally just pounced him and told him that he must get out of bed because I couldn't stand listening to his alarm anymore. I made him change the sound it makes too. I'm pretty sure I'll have nightmares about that particular alarm sound harassing me! (and Mike barely made it out of bed by the time I left the house at 8am).

No comments:

Post a Comment