Friday, August 31, 2012

The Mike Stories, Pt. 38



Mike and I went to see Princess Bride in the park a couple of days ago with our friends Meg & George.  It was a great time - who doesn't love a picnic and movie in the park with friends?

Well, after the movie, Mike stuffed our blanket back in his backpack and then as we were starting to go back to the car Mike announced that he couldn't find his keys. He spent a good amount of time using his cell phone as a flashlight to check the grass for the keys with no luck. triple checked all of his pockets with no luck. unpacked his backpack - still no luck. He stood around for a while trying to decide between looking for a Lost and Found area, and going back to the car to see if he'd dropped them near the car. He finally settled on checking by the car, while Meg graciously went and checked Lost and Found for us.

We must have walked around for half an hour looking for the car. I told him someone probably found the keys by the car and stole it. As it turned out, Mike's bad memory was the culprit. the car was still there, and we eventually found it. We also found the keys - which Mike had left sticking out of the trunk lock. (it's a wonder it didn't get stolen!)

On the way home, Mike kept trying to tell me that these things happen to people occasionally. I maintained that these things happen to HIM occasionally, not to people in general. I can't say that I have ever left my keys in the trunk lock (or any other lock) like that, ever. Nor do I know anyone else who has admitted to me that they have done it. Since Mike kept arguing that it happens sometimes, I asked him exactly how many times this has happened to him. He told me that once while he was working at a car wash, he left them in the trunk lock for a week. He said a co-worker finally noticed and mentioned it - to which he says he replied "hey! i've been looking for those for a week!" I told him that's not normal.




No comments:

Post a Comment