Friday, July 2, 2010

The Mike Stories, Pt. 10

The Deck Mess
Mike has been tearing out the deck in the back, which is an especially good thing since he discovered that the wood was very weak and that we could have fallen through the deck at any given time... The problem here is that this is taking much longer than he had lead me to believe, meanwhile leaving a mess that looks like someone put dynamite under the deck and blew it up... there are boards (with nails sticking out, mind you) everywhere... tools everywhere (Mike leaves tools laying around all of the time. I was taught that tools get put away when you're done with them, so you can find them next time... and so they don't rust when you leave them out in the rain. Mike's mess of tools drives me nuts, but I digress)

Tonight
Me: Mike, You should go to the store and get snacks!
Mike: No, you should go!
Me: But Mike, look what your deck mess did to me! (pointing at a big scratch on my leg)
Mike: What were you doing out there, running around?
Me: No, I was letting the dog out, but you have mess everywhere and there's no clear path, so it's like landmines out there!
[note: there is a big temporary fenced off area especially for Morpheus to run and play where there is NO deck mess... at least the dog is safe, right!] :)
Mike: Well look at this... and this... (pointing to various scratches)
Me: Is that from your deck mess too?
Mike: Yes... and this, and this... and this bruise...
Me: Well you know what that proves?
Mike: What?
Me: That you should clean up your mess back there!!
Mike: I was working on it yesterday!
Me: I don't believe you, because it's worse today than it was yesterday!
Mike: (laughs)
Me: So you should go to the store.
Mike: OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment