Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Mike Stories, Pt. 62

I'm 22 weeks pregnant, and Mike is really testing my patience this week!

We get a weekly bag of organic fruits & vegetables from Full Circle, and every Monday I try to remember to put their re-usable shopping bag outside so they can pick it up when the drop off our order early on Tuesday morning. Well last night when I went to put the bag outside, I discovered that Mike had left his keys in the front door. (I asked him if he was trying to invite burglars and rapists in while I sleep).

Earlier today, while getting ready for my prenatal water aerobics class, I discovered that Mike hid my flip flops, most likely when he "cleaned up" in the living room before steam cleaning the carpet a couple days ago. It's particularly annoying, since at 22 weeks pregnant, bending over to put on regular shoes is kind of a workout. He is still refusing to tell me where he put the flip flops.

When I got home from my prenatal water aerobics class tonight, I discovered that Mike had thrown away a bottle of paint thinner, and was in the process of trying to hide half of the paint for baby Zephyr's dresser in the laundry room - most likely on its way to be lost forever in the abyss of a "man cave" that the garage has become.

And now I'm certain that he's trying to kill me with sensory overload. When you're pregnant, you can smell everything, and it all smells a lot stronger than it usually does. Mike likes to use Simple Green cleaner, which he swears does a great job of cleaning. I've been complaining about how much it stinks since he first discovered it, and have been begging him to find something that stinks less. I don't know what he was actually doing with it in the kitchen tonight, but to me it smelled like he must have poured the entire bottle on the floor. Breathing in that madness felt like he was pouring mint scented bleach into my lungs. Mint by itself would be bad enough, as I can't stand mint. I had to open the windows, turn on fans, and go stand outside for about 10 minutes just to breathe! (which wasn't exactly fun in late October when it's freezing and raining outside!)

No comments:

Post a Comment