Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Mike Stories, Pt. 21

So today I learned that Mike's steam cleaning method involves heating water on the stove to boiling, then tossing it around the living room (see below). Eventually he does get around to using our steam cleaner to suck up the water - but I thought it looked like a lot of the mischievous sort of fun to throw water all over the carpet while I was watching him work earlier.

I'm not too fond of the last step, however, which involves trying to dry the resulting wet carpet. not only does it take forever, but Mike goes ahead and brings every fan we own into the living room area and sets them on high. the wind factor in my living room is annoying this time of year, as is the fan noise!



Here's a fun conversation Mike and I had in the kitchen while he was on the water-boiling phase of this carpet cleaning adventure (and I was working on my madder dyeing project - see my other blog for details):

Mike: you shouldn't be in here
Me: but I'm dyeing!
Mike: you're dying?
Me: uh-huh!
Mike: oooooh - that kind of dyeing!

No comments:

Post a Comment