Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Mike Stories, Pt. 17

Last night Mike and I were laying in bed talking, and somehow the topic of underwear came up. Not just any underwear, but Mormon underwear. For some reason, Mike was convinced that Mormon underwear was made of burlap. (we spent about 10 minutes arguing about it: Mike saying "yes it is" and me saying "no it's not")

Then Mike told me he was going to look it up. I told him: good - you should! then you'll see that you're wrong!

Mike swore that it had to be either burlap or wool, and that it was supposed to be uncomfortable. Naturally I disagreed, but then he went on to tell me that it was supposed to be uncomfortable for some sort of religious suffering purposes. I called him a liar.

Then he got out his iPod, which gets internet access - and found a photo of Mormon underwear from the 1800's. I told him he was SUPPOSED to be looking for modern Mormon underwear, and that antique Mormon underwear didn't count (although I suspect it still wasn't made of burlap)!

Eventually Mike found a website that described Mormon underwear as being made of any lightweight material. I told him that neither burlap or wool would count as lightweight, and therefore he was wrong. plus my understanding is that the underwear is worn as a reminder of God's protection. (do I have any Mormon readers who can verify that)?

No comments:

Post a Comment